I am proud of the Victorian State in my homeland Australia for passing a new criminal law which can now treat Cyber Bullies as stalkers.
Cyber bullying will be covered by the new criminal law if it is part of a pattern of conduct likely to cause physical or mental harm, or fear of it.
BULLIES will face up to 10 years’ jail under changes to stalking laws in Victoria Australia.
Bullying behaviour that is part of a course of conduct and could reasonably be expected to cause physical or mental harm to the victim, including self-harm, will be treated as stalking.
Children who use Facebook to threaten or harass could also be caught up in the change, although those under 10 cannot be brought before a criminal court.
Last 5 posts by Michael Roberts
- michael - January 21st, 2016
- Date Note To Bullying – Aussie's Take The Pledge! - March 20th, 2011
- Precedent: Third-Party Web Site Hosting Company Held Responsible for Contributing To Infringement. - March 17th, 2011
- New Book “The Offensive Internet” - January 9th, 2011
- The Online Disinhibition Effect (Kind of like road rage?) - November 30th, 2010